Mon, Jun 05|
Summer Intensive on Community-Engaged Scholarship
Michigan State University's Office for University Outreach and Engagement is pleased to host the sixth annual Summer Intensive on Community-Engaged Scholarship.
Time & Location
Jun 05, 9:00 a.m. – Jun 09, 5:00 p.m.
East Lansing, 219 S Harrison Rd, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
About the Event
June 5-9, 2023 Kellogg Center, East Lansing, Michigan $550 for MSU participants; $650 for non-MSU participants
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 7, 2023
Michigan State University's Office for University Outreach and Engagement is pleased to host the sixth annual Summer Intensive on Community-Engaged Scholarship. We welcome community-engaged scholars and practitioners with interests in community-engaged research and community-engaged teaching and learning, including service-learning, informal learning, and community-engaged research in courses. Through interactive workshops, field trips, lightning talks, case studies, panel discussions, and individual consultations, Summer Intensive participants explore big picture issues related to community engagement in a learning community setting and develop strategies and plans for their own successful engagement activities.
At the end of four days, you will come away with:
- Conceptual frameworks and scholarly resources
- Perspectives from community partners on engagement
- Practical partnership, collaboration, and evaluation tools
- Career advice from successfully tenured community-engaged faculty
- Strategies for publishing your community-engaged scholarship
- Ideas for sharing your community-engaged work with practitioner and public audiences
- New national community-engaged peers and colleagues
For more information, please contact:
Diane M. Doberneck (firstname.lastname@example.org) Director for Faculty and Professional Development Office for Public Engagement and Scholarship University Outreach and Engagement